Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's Been Too Long

So, wow... So many hings have changed since the last post. Bad news first... Bryan and I separated. Long and drawn out story, but life goes on and we are both very focused on making sure that our son is well cared for and loved. Now all of the good things... He is talking! Yay! He has become an expert in sign language as I have taught him to communicate that way since he refused to speak. However, the other day, as we were snuggling in bed (our morning ritual) he lay there stroking my arm whispering "Mama, eat. Mama, eat." I was so shocked, but it was the sweetest thing EVER! So I got up and we made pancakes together. When I sat him in his high chair, he pointed to his pancake and said "pancake". Can you believe it!? He just woke up and decided to talk! I love it. He still uses sign all day, but he says new words every day! Goodness this is so exciting! He has been doing well health wise. He had a bit of a bug for about two weeks that really had me concerned, but all checked okay and he was better in no time. He is so dang smart it amazes me! Here are a few new pictures of my little man!


Getting his first haircut... he didn't like it AT ALL!

All done with the hair cut! A much happier baby boy!


He loves balloons. Flashing his signature smile!


His mustache that he got out of the toy machine! He loved it!



All his teeth! Yay! What a cute little smile!

No comments: