Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

August 21, 2007


Isn't this a much cuter picture?! I know these 4-D pictures always make the poor babies look like they have some strange deformities of the head and a skin condition. But be assured that it is just the picture and not really the baby!
We have been keeping busy getting ready for the fund raiser on Saturday. I made an informational brochure and copied it off 200 times. Now we are in process of tri-folding them. My thumb is getting a bit paper burned! I also made some signs that are being put up in shops around town to advertise it. Deri (the owner of the Brightspot who is doing the fund raiser for us) has had some items donated for us to raffle off. Then a friend of mine at Bank of the Cascades donated a handmade quilt (thanks Angie!). I am donating a $100.00 gift certificate for Cookie Lee Jewelry. I am going to hit up some of the local business owners and see if they can help out. It should be successful and help out the fund that has been established at Bank of the Cascades here in Sisters. Let me know if you would like to make a donation and I can give the address of the bank.
Nicole has an appointment at 11:00 tomorrow for another ultrasound. We have an interview with a local radio station (99.7 The Mountain) on Thursday morning. The fund raiser on Saturday. Next week we go to Doernbecher Hospital to meet with the cardiologist and the surgical team and get the date that they will be inducing labor. So things are moving right along and we are now anxious to see what the future holds for this precious baby.
Thanks for checking in. I will post again after the fund raiser and let you all know how it went. Drop us a note to let us know you were here!
Grandma Whee
P.S. I am having a problem with this blog tonight smushing all of the paragraphs together into on big long one. Sorry about that!

1 comment:

nwscrapmom said...

Whew. I almost collapsed in exhaustion just reading your post! Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Glad to have the update and I wish you the best with the fundraiser. I'd send my sis-in-law over there Saturday for me... but she's going to be here visiting me. How's that for timing? *G* Be sure to post an update on when the induction will take place!
((HUGS))
K.