Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fundraiser results...

Yesterdays fundraising event was very successful! A huge thank you to all who donated, bought raffle tickets, or just wished us good luck! With the procedes from the Brightspot Juice and Java, the tip jar, and all the donations, we made $2,086.21. Can you believe it? We did not expect so much! We were so happy to know that some of Nicole's outstanding medical bills can now be paid. How wonderful.

The winners of the raffle prizes are as follows:
Block Donation (Gift cert from Brightspot, the car wash, and Sno-Cap): Cassie Watson
Mona Vie gift bag: Deri
40 lbs. National Dog Food: Dave Berray
Candle from The Culver House: Helen Young
Hand made quilt: Allen and Katheryn Godsiff
Handmade beaded necklace: MaryAnn Abbajay
Mona Vie gift bag: Tammy (at Suttle Lake Resort)
Hen's Tooth gift set: Jamie Sampson
Meal time gift set from Wisteria Chic: Dr's Kevin and Eden Miller
1 lb. of coffee from Sisters Coffee Company: Jason Spencer
1 lb. of coffee from Sisters Coffee Company: Carisa Gregg
40 lbs. of dog food from National Dog Food: Cary Kiefer (who owns a chiawawa)
$25.98 gift cert. from Your $12.99 Store: Daryl Tewalt (who gave it back for Nicole to use)
$25.98 gift cert. from Your $12.99 Store: Terry at Sno-Cap
$25.98 gift cert. from Your $12.99 Store: Andrew Gorayeb (Welcome to Sisters, Andrew!)
Handmade memory box: Sharon Watson
$100.00 Cookie Lee Jewelry gift cert.: Toni Turner

A HUGE thank you to all who purchased tickets for our prizes and another huge thank you to all the businesses and individuals who donated items for us to raffle off! We could not have done this without you.

And to Deri, who owns the BrightSpot Juice and Java, thank you so much for inviting us to hold the fundraiser at your business (30 N. Pine St., Sisters). Without your advice, help, and willingness we would not have had the success we did. Your heart is so huge and you are a great friend. Thank you.

Hugs to you all,
Grandma Whee
(Denise Wheeler)

3 comments:

Denise said...

I am so glad to hear that the fundraiser went well. I can't seem to keep up with you. I check and check and there are no updates. I go to work for a couple of days and don't have time to check and you post 3 new updates! Geez woman! I hope Nicole and the baby are doing well. I am anxiously awaiting more updates.
The other Denise Wheeler (EMTP) in SATX

nwscrapmom said...

I am so pleased to hear it went so well! Dang, girl... you should've told me you were selling raffle tickets! Obviously I couldn't buy a cup of coffee when I'm almost 6 hours away from you, but I coulda bought a ticket. Slap your hand! Seriously, though, I am so glad to hear that it was such a huge success. Kudos to Deri (was that her name?) for being so generous and doing that for you guys. I'll have to come get coffee from her next time I'm in Sisters!
((HUGS))

Denise said...

I'm still waiting for more updates. I hate waiting. Just kidding. I hope all is going well. You all are still in my prayers.