Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 7, 2007

We are HOME!!!!!




Day before yesterday Dave and I went to Portland to help bring the baby home. What a wonderful day it was! The pic out the windshield is Dave and I driving behind Bryan and Nicole when we were leaving. It was such a wonderful feeling!
Bryan went back to work yesterday. I know it is killing him being away from the family. I am not sure how long he is going to be gone this time. Thankfully Bryan's mom is home in the evenings to help out. I am going over for the day today to help reorganize things and MAYBE hold the baby a TINY bit. HAHA ! I plan on holding him a ton today. He is just so tiny now and fragile looking. Hopefully he stays healthy until his next surgery. Ohhhhh, he is also getting circumcised on Monday. Nicole asked me to be there with her for that so this could be interesting! I have never seen that done before. Hmmmmmm... should I take pictures???? When he gets older he may resent me ever owning a camera!
Anyway, off to the shower for a good soaking before heading into Bend. Thanks for stopping in. Only expect cute pictures and good news from here on out!!!!
Grandma Whee

5 comments:

Little Things said...

What wonderful, happy news!! I'm thrilled for all of you!!

nwscrapmom said...

:) That is the BEST news I have had all day. Heck, it's the best news I've had all week... maybe even WEEKS! CONGRATULATIONS Nicole and Bryan!!!!!! He is so sweet looking. Nicole, I LOVE the picture of you in the back seat next to him ~ that is the biggest smile on your face. We will continue to pray, but I am so excited to hear that you are beginning a new chapter in your lives. Congrats again... keep those cute pictures coming, Grandma Whee!!!!!!!!
((HUGS)) all around!
Kit

Angela said...

Oh praise the Lord!!!! What a great day.

Denise said...

Congrats!!! What an awesome feeling to be able to bring home that wonderful bundle of joy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that just made my night! I'm sure it did the same for all those who know you. Happy thoughts and love to you and yours. Man is he cute! Hope you guys can finally get some peace and good sleep now that you can go home.
Hugs to all.
Jenn