Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 24, 2007

EXTUBATED!!!!!



His professional consult with his toys. They all concur that he is the cutest baby EVER!


Great Great Grandpa's hand.

This evening Christian was extubated! How exciting to see his adorable little face again. He still has a nasal cannula for supplemental oxygen and the feeding tube, but not the huge tube up the nose and lots of tape. He is sooooo cute. I got a few pictures of him with his eyes open. And even a few pictures with his crazy hair sticking straight up. I got a funny faced one also that I just had to put on. He is doing so much better today than last night. He did not have very many odd beats today and seemed to be more comfortable. His color was fantastic and he was more alert. What a nice thing. I have to go home tomorrow. That is going to be so hard. I will post as I get news. Please keep checking back

Grandma Whee

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for miracles! Best wishes and our pyayers with your family!
Misty and all

nwscrapmom said...

Yay! I'm so thankful to hear that things are going better and that the extubation went well. He is so cute! I know leaving is going to be extremely hard on you. I bet it will be hard for Nicole and Bryan not having you there, too. Try and update the blog when you can. We anxiously check several times a day.
:) Kit

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone ... first let me say that Christian is a beautiful little gift from the Lord and he is stinkin CUTE!

He has already undergone so much more that most people do in a lifetime which is sad to see.

We are holding you all up in prayer for strength, peace and comfort!

Take care and remember that your entire family is in the prayers of so many and most important ... little Christian is in God's hands and HE has amazing plans for this little guy as he teaches us all lessons in strength at such a young age!

Blessings to all,

Terri Brown (friends of the Wheeler family)

Simonetta said...

WOW!!!Great!This is such a strong child! I already love it to only to see!I will keep on praying for it, is so adorable! I think that Christian already feels the whole love that surrounds it and this will be of a lot of help for it!HUGSSSS and KISSSS!

Denise said...

Yay!! He is adorable. I know you are heart broken being away from him. I am still praying for everyone of you.