Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 19, 2007

He is in his room now





Tubes are everywhere and there is a lot of visable blood going around. But he looks good over all. The kids are doing so good! Nicole cried a bit when she saw him the first time, but popped out of that. Bryan has been stoic through this although admitted it was the worst thing he has ever seen. I have been having mini-meltdowns but nothing 1 kleenex can't handle.
I will make sure to post as things progress.
Grandma Whee

4 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

I'm so glad to hear that he is out of surgery. Sounds like it went well ~ thank God! You must all be so wiped out from the mentally-taxing day... I can't even imagine. I'm praying his recovery goes well and that he gets stronger hour-by-hour and day-by-day. I'm looking ahead to hopes he will be spending his first Christmas home where he belongs!
((HUGS))
Kit

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well. A good friend of mine is a nurse in the PICU at Doernbecher's. Her name is Cammy and she is an outstanding nurse. She was Kennedy's nurse when she was there. Keep an eye out for her and tell her I said "Hi". How long will Christian be on the bypass machine? Our thoughts are with you and hope things continue in a positive direction. :D Karen and Kennedy

Angela said...

Praying praying PRAYING! Can I link to my blog?

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that all went well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs to you all.
Jenn