Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Nov. 15th




Uncle Mike came to visit! He showed up a day early. This is Bryan's uncle. What a nice guy!
Last night they went ahead and placed Christian on the respirator and he is doing so much better now! He was so miserable yesterday and in so much pain. Now he is sedated and can relax. His little toes and fingers pinked right up.
Nicole is doing very good. She walked to the baby's ICU (NICU) and back. She did call for some pain meds but who wouldn't?
Anyway, Christian is in getting his heart cath done right now. I will post again later tonight with an update.
Grandma Whee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...we all think he looks like Dave too. No neck...chubby...the only difference is this baby is too darn cute to be blood related to Dave! :o) I want to pick him up and kiss, kiss, kiss him. Thinking of you all often. Jules

nwscrapmom said...

He is SO adorable, Denise! I'm glad to hear that the sedatives are helping him. Poor little guy! I'm with Julie... I want to just pick him up and smother him with smooches, he's adorable! Thanks for keeping the blog updated. I'm sure it must be hard while you're there concentrating on the baby and Nicole (and trying to care for your own needs)... but it really means a lot. Thanks so much!
((HUGS))
Kit

Simonetta said...

Thanks Denise, for the news! All of us we attentively follow the news. You is doing indeed a great job. I have put a photo on my blog, you are in my thoughts, always!Give a big kiss to the small Christian for me!Hugssss!!!!