Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nov. 20 update 7:30 pm







Christian was a bit bloodier this morning as seen in the tube filled picture. Once he was taken off of the heart lung machine and the big huge tubes removed they cleaned him up a bit. He looks much better. Now with the tubes out from under his patch you can see that his chest is still open. They will close that hopefully tomorrow. It is a bit unsettling to see the two sides move when he breaths. YUCKY! But he is doing well. He is still on a ventilator which is the tube in his nose. The tubes in his chest are drainage tubes. He also has a catheter for his urine and 2 IV's, one in each ankle. Looks like an octopus, but a cute octopus!
Thanks for dropping in. I will post again tomorrow unless something happens tonight.
Grandma Whee

2 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

Denise;
I so wish I were there to give you a big hug and drink some coffee with... I don't know how you are making it through the exhaustion. I'm glad to hear he is doing well. I appreciate the pictures, too, makes it more real to me. I am in awe of modern medicine and what can be accomplished these days. Christian is nothing short of a miracle. We are pulling for him and are praying like mad for his recovery and also for some rest for Nicole, Bryan, and the rest of you... I'm sure you are tired beyond belief. Are you going to be able to stay in Portland with them for a while? Keep up the great updates, Grandma Whee... I really appreciate hearing how it is going.
((HUGS))

Simonetta said...

Wow! Christian is a strong and good boy!!! I keep on praying for it!!!
Thanks Denise of the news that you write every day, I always think about everybody of you!HUGSSSS!!!!