Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Off to Portland!

Well, Monday is the day! Nicole will be induced and about 24 hours later we will have baby Christian here to smooch on! Begining at 6 am on Monday Nicole needs to start calling to make sure they have room for her. They very seldom do not have space, but you never know.

Nicole had a real quick ultrasound on Friday and things look good. There is plenty of amniotic fluid and Christian is just over 7 pounds. So hopefully he will be stable enough for a few days before rushing into surgery.

Dave, Kady and I are leaving in just a few minutes for Portland. I have had my car packed for weeks now. It is strange that I am finally getting to go. YIPPEE!

My sister-in-law has a sister that has a vacation home in Portland and has allowed us to use it for however long we need to. How wonderful that this opportunity opened up for us!

I will be updating the blog daily (thats my intention) after the baby is born so check back often for news and pics.

Grandma Whee

3 comments:

david santos said...

I passed to see your work that is very good and to desire a good Sunday.

nwscrapmom said...

How exciting that the big day is literally just around the corner! We're praying everything goes wonderfully and cannot wait to hear all about it and see pictures of that beautiful new grandson of yours! Post as soon as you can ~ and enjoy being there!!!
((HUGS))
Kit

Denise said...

My prayers are with everyone of you. I hope all went smoothly. I am anxiously awaiting the news of the official arrival of Christian.