Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thrown a curve

Well this afternoon a clot was discovered in Christians heart. They have started him on heparin again hoping to dissolve it. Of course there is always the chance of the clot moving to his brain or lung with many times is fatal. Nicole has not taken this news well as you can imagine. Bryan, stoic as ever, is supporting her very well. We will have to wait a few days to see what happens. It is going to be so hard going home on Sunday. But I can pop up here again real fast if I need to.

Send those prayers and well wishes our way please. We need em'!

Grandma Whee

2 comments:

Denise said...

I am so sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. I just read all of your posts. That little boy looks beautiful!! Lots of prayers still headed little Christians way. You must be so proud of your daughter for handling all of this so well. I have cried at every picture and every post. Lots of prayers going up for Nicole and Bryan as well and Grandma Whee.

nwscrapmom said...

Denise;
Wow. I feel like I've been punched in the gut. I can only imagine how you must all be feeling right now with this new turn of events. I don't even know what to say. I am praying that the heparin will do its' job and that there are no further complications. I have to say that I think Nicole and Bryan are the strongest young people I know. I am sure this is gut-wrenching to them and yet, they are amazing at how they are holding up. I am truly in awe of their strength. God must have amazing things planned for Christian's life. Please give Nicole a hug for me. I'm praying for you, too, "Grandma Whee". As a mom you don't want to see your kids hurting, so this has got to be torture for you, too. I'm really praying... wish I lived closer, my friend!
((HUGS))