Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Nov. 21 1:05 pm



Yes, there is a baby in there!





Today Christian had the procedure to close his chest. While I do have a picture of the procedure (taken by an OR nurse) I will not post it here as it may be too much for most of you. I do have the picture of post closure and he looks wonderful!

They have begun utilizing "Beanie Babies" as props for his legs and all the tubes. It is pretty cute seeing him surrounded by toys. I think he may be comforted a bit also even though he is sedated. They are soft and warm not cold and hard like everything in his bed.

Dave, Kady and my mom are going to be here today to see the baby. I am excited to see them. I will be going home on Sunday so the postings here will slow down a bit. Hopefully you will all keep checking in.

I am going to go and grab some lunch. Bye for now...

Grandma Whee

4 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

The beanies with Christian sure make for an adorable picture! I'm glad to hear that he is still doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated!
((HUGS))
Kit

Little Things said...

So happy that Christian continues to do so well!! I know it's scary, but we're all pulling for your family!!

Anonymous said...

The Beanie Baby friends I'm sure comfort him. Cute too. Thank-you for keeping us posted on him and how you all are doing. Try to get some rest, easier said then done, I know. Happy thoughts are headin you way. HUGS AND KISSES
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Our best wishes to you and yours!!!!!
Ginny and Jeff