Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 23, 2007

Meeting more of the family...






Last night my father and grandfather flew in from a trip to Texas and Oklahoma. They came this morning to meet Christian for the first time. It was super sweet. Of course there I was with my camera. We were also able to get a five generation photo. Christian, Nicole, me, my dad, and my grandpa. Grandpa Rex came with Grandma Jeanne, Uncle Darrell and Clara. And my mom was still here. So we had a full room and lots of pictures.


Christian continues to heal. He got his chest tubes removed. His little chest looks so good now. He is still throwing out some irregular heart beats but that is to be expected.


I will be going home on Sunday. I know I am going to have withdrawals from my little fighter! I am sure I will be calling a lot and getting updates.


Thanks for popping in!

2 comments:

Le Butterfly said...

Hi

I came across your blog through swap-bot.

I just wanted to say that I will be keeping your family in my prayers.

nwscrapmom said...

How neat that so many family members got to make it for the holiday to meet Christian! Do they have him sedated (completely? partially?) during this time of healing? How are Nicole and Bryan holding up? By the way... you look so good! I wish I didn't have scout stuff going on this weekend... I'd make a quick trip down to PDX before you head home. Thanks (again) for the updates!
((HUGS))
Kit