Baby Christian

Baby Christian
Christian was born with two very rare congenital heart defects; Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Endocardial Fibroelastosis (EFE) He will require three (two down, one to go!) open-heart surgeries to sustain life. He is a miracle and a blessing. We are so greatful to have him here with us. Thank you for stopping in. Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nov. 20th 6:15 am

Christian keeps the nurses busy, that's for sure! He is bleeding more than they would like to see, but nothing that is not "normal". Of course I think it is way too much, but that is me as a grandma. I made sure the kids went to the Ronald McDonald house last night for a good nights sleep. They left at a few minutes after midnight. Nicole called the room at 2:30 am checking on Christian. I am thinking she did not sleep as well as I wanted her to. I on the other hand slept off and on all night as the PICU has a bed in each room. Of course the lights were on all the time and there were people in here at all times monitoring the heart/lung machine. There were alarms going off all night so it was not restful for any of us. I will take more pics later when he is not quite so bloody. It really is unsettling. Check back later this afternoon or evening and see how things are progressing.

Grandma Whee

No comments: